Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Teaching Is Like Football

I feel like a sideline coach on the verge of a coronary!

My day consists of yelling out plays with no one listening.  I want to take off my headphones and thrust them to the ground!

CAN YOU HEAR ME?  GET IN LINE!   WHAT DID I JUST SAY?  FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!

My little players are all over the place.  Sometimes their questions come out of nowhere and sack me hard in the chest.  Were you even listening to the question I just asked?

But there is always one...the quarterback, who looks my way and takes in all I have to say.  That one child is ever present.  That one child just...gets it.

That one child makes my whole day worth it.  That one child is the reason that I came into this thankless and highly underpaid profession.

0 comments:

Post a Comment