Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Think I Will Be A Banker

Today was one of those days in the life of an educator where you think to yourself, "why am I doing this?"  I think I may have asked myself that at least 1,000 times today. 

I felt like the kids didn't hear a word that I said today.  I felt like they all could care less that I was up there trying to teach them something. 

Then it was class picture day.  Enough said.  The poor photographers had to take the photo 7 times!  Getting a crew of first graders to all look the same way and smile is like trying to herd cats.  OH MY!

I swear I want to get a recorder and tape myself sometimes.  I think I may say, "sit on your bottom," "please don't talk when I am talking," "Tommy, Tommy, Tommy....." 

Maybe it's just a slump.  I went through this at 7 years of teaching.  Now I'm on 13 years....maybe it's another one of those slumps.  Really not sure how some people do this for 30-something years.  

So, I think I will be a banker.  

2 comments:

  1. Be a banker! LOL!
    You'll pull through!
    It's funny, just the other day I started singing "The Sun will come out tomorrow..." because I too was having a rotten day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bankers have the same problems, the only difference is it is BIG kids they have to deal with. lol...

    Came by to see you on the Sunday Funday Hop... :-)
    Following GFC
    ramblingandadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete