Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving Play Gone Wrong

Each year, my class puts on a Thanksgiving play.  I didn't create this, and I can't take credit for any of it.  I just teach it to my students and help them to perform it for their parents.


This year, I'm a little more nervous about the way the play will go off.  This year I have "Tommy" in my class.  


Will he remember his one and only line?  
Will he act silly during the songs?
Will he jump out of the Mayflower?
Will he flail around while waiting (impatiently in his case) while the play goes on?


So many things can make this a Thanksgiving play to remember...and NOT in the good way.


I want his parents to have a good experience.
I want the other students to have a good experience.
I don't want the other parents to talk.


I'm honestly scared it can go so terribly wrong.


How have you ever dealt with a student like this?  What did you do?


Alexis

0 comments:

Post a Comment